Monday, October 4, 2010

Funny things my students say

"Mrs. W, I used to get my head stuck in the toilet when I was in middle school" J, the first grader. Bahaha.

(This was the same kid that told me last year he was thankful, not for family, friends, toys, or anything else that his peers said, but for cheese. Yes, that's right, cheese. When I questioned him about it, he simply said, "What? I really like cheese." That will forever be one of my favorite stories.)

Kindergartner to me:
"I'm going to throw you a birthday party"
"Oh, really?"
"Yeah. It's going to be a surprise party"
"Okay."
"Yeah, and you know what I'm going to get you?"
"What are you going to get me?"
"A baby."
" [stunned silence] . . . really? Well, where are you going to get the baby from?"
"From the store."
"[more stunned silence] The store? Really? Well, that's good. I was afraid you were going to bring it from your house or something"
" . . . huh?"
"Nevermind . . ."

1 comment: