Monday, June 13, 2011

The long awaited master bedroom reveal

Better late than never! Can't figure out why the pictures won't go in order, so you'll unfortunately have to deal. I know, I know, I make you wait forever and then I don't do the pictures right. 
Someday I'm sure you'll forgive me.

We don't have real nightstands, just these cheap shelf-things.
Someday we'll  be grown-up enough for them.

I bought this little elephant at Savers for $4. It was nasty looking with streaky brown glaze. But I loved him so much I bought him and gave him new life with a can of Krylon. And now it's my favorite part of the room!

The dresser side. I really like the height the free mirror from my parent's basement added, but I think I want to move the candlesticks a little further south. It would make the tall mirror even more dramatic.
Also, this is my favorite paint color that I've done to date. I'm desperately in love with gray.

New fan! It only took my poor husband a bajillion hours to put in, thanks to a screw that just wouldn't let go.
It liked the nasty brass fan better. Luckily my smart hubby won that battle.

I made those little stick things from the abundance of branches I have in my yard, tissue paper, craft glue, and beads. The milk glass vases I had, and the candle was $4 with coupon from Michael's. Not too shabby, if I do say so myself!


That 8 foot wall of curtains only cost $65! We made the curtain rod out of conduit pipe, wine corks and store-bought finials and mounting brackets (bought on super clearance + coupons at BB&B.)The curtains are actually shower curtains from Target that I no-sewed ribbon loops on. They were slightly pricier than I wanted to spend at $20 a piece (yes, I'm cheap) but I loved them and never found anything else I liked better. But, it was overwhelming to have three panels. It made our tiny room feel very closed in, so I bought the sheer for $5 at K-Mart and was much happier.
Curtain detail. I absolutely love them. If I didn't have curtains everywhere else,
I might have bought them and put them everywhere.

All in all, we spent $100 on this room, including paint and supplies and all the knick-knacks, but excluding the fan. I'm playing around with the idea of doing a darker gray on the curtain wall, but that's still just an idea  in my head. What are your thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. How pretty! I think if the gray is dark enough, it would really make those curtains pop. Otherwise I think you'd lose them in the wall.

    ReplyDelete