Sunday, June 5, 2011

Oh, hello carpenter ants!

It's so very nice to see you again. It's been so long since last you invaded our space.

I'm flattered by your love for our little house, though I'd prefer it if you lived amongst the stumps and trees we've left for you in the yard. You, then, must know our friend the woodpecker, who prefers our gutters and asbestos shingles to the aforementioned trees.

Obviously, we parted on good terms, since you came back again. Well, no fear this time friend. Our intentions will be made quite clear.

The exterminator is being called tomorrow. And he will be given a license to kill. Prepare ye to meet thy Lord.


(Oh, and by the way, I know Him, too. And I think He likes me better.)

3 comments:

  1. Matthew 19:14 doesn't apply to carpenter ants? I think Jesus just said "little ones" in my version . . . :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, come tell me what you think about some rugs I put in a post. I need help chooooosing!

    http://dailymeeps.blogspot.com/2011/06/penny-for-your-thoughts.html

    ReplyDelete