Monday, February 28, 2011

Design springs from necessity. . .

. . . and in my case, crafting emerges from a desire to have a home, not a house, without a whole lotta moola to make that happen.

So, I thought I'd share a couple of my crafty projects that I've done to make our house feel more like a home. That, and I was home sick today, (ear infections + subsequent limited ability to hear = sick day for a music teacher) so I finally had a chance to take some pictures of my craftiness, you know, between naps and David Tutera CNN. My priorities are right.


Latest craft. Next to the fun stamps, my favorite part is that the edges are lined with a different print, but sadly no picture I tried to take was post-worthy. Just trust me that it's wonderful, and its message is an imporant reminder for me as I walk out the door.
  
 Done on metal roof tiles we had leftover from another project. Since I have no fancy Silhouette, I printed the letters at home and cut them out very carefully. I think the "r" is too big, but I'm not bothered enough to re-do it!



Sorry about the bad picture, but our kitchen is the one room without a window in it. Center print was a wedding gift that we love. Frames were $1 each at Michaels, ebony-stained and then collaged with scrapbook paper I already had. $4 display? Yes please!

Baby picture of my precious momma! She thinks this is the only cute picture of her, ever, and I might agree, since she is pretty stinkin' adorable here. The colors in this picture served as the inspiration for my craft/guest room, though the walls are not nearly as blue as they appear in this picture.


 My crafty spot! The desk was inherited from the 'rents, but I painted it and added new hardware. The  ice-cream parlor chair shined up nicely after a lot a little elbow grease, a new coat of paint, and new fabric. If you like the fabric, I'll pass the compliments along to the twelve year old who picked it out. She's awesome, and since I couldn't decide what I wanted, I told her she could choose her favorite. I did the same thing with the paint color in the room, though that was chosen by my grown-up friend, not the baby I once sat. (baby I once sat upon? the adorable kid I watched? Oh how I wish I was clever.)
 

Detail of the chair bought for $5. With paint and fabric, I think I spent $15 total on this. I <3 it.


I covered some jewelry and check boxes for some extra storage for small craft supplies. It was the perfect fill for the little niches in the desk, and gives my tiny craft space some extra storage and style.
Happy crafting results in better crafts!

If you want any more information about anything, feel free to ask! Also, bonus points to the person who finds me in one of the pictures!

I've done two posts in as many days. How will you contain your excitement?

No comments:

Post a Comment