Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Taco Seasoning

This mix is delicious, and for whatever reason, I can't pin it from the site. I'm posting it here so that I don't lose it!

Oh, and for my hubby with high blood pressure -- this has way less sodium than store bought mixes, so I can feel good about making chicken tacos with it. (Which, just in case you're curious, were probably the best taco I've ever put in my mouth.)

Copied directly from wholenewmom.com

Homemade Taco Seasoning

Ingredients:
2 Tbsp chili powder
1/2 t garlic powder
1/2 t onion powder
1/2 t red pepper flakes (Aleppo peppers would add a wonderful depth of flavor)
1/2 t oregano
1 t paprika
1 Tbsp cumin
2 1/2 t salt (I recommend Real Salt.)
2 t pepper
Method:
1.  Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
2.  Mix well.
3.  Store in a tightly closed container.

No comments:

Post a Comment